Teh Chi-cheun Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director
- Teh Chi-cheun joined BOSWM MY (formerly known as Pacific Mutual Fund Bhd) in July 2015 as its Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director.
- In 2006, he joined the then Pacific Mutual as the Assistant General Manager of the Investment department, and was promoted to the Head of Equities one-and-a-half years later. He left the Company in 2011 to head the entire stockbroking division of an investment bank. A year later, he joined a leading foreign insurance player in Malaysia as the head of investments (director), and after three years rejoined the Company.
- He started his career in the mid-1990s, in corporate finance before moving to the stockbroking industry in both Singapore and Malaysia, and subsequently into investment management. His investment and fund management experience extends globally as he managed developed market funds when he was with the fund management division of a Singapore government owned entity. Additionally, he also managed portfolios while with an investment outfit based in Canada.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Accounting and Financial Analysis (University of Warwick, England); CFA® charterholder (CFA Institute).
Chong Sai Ching, Gillian Chief Operating Officer
- Gillian Chong joined BOSWM MY (formerly known as Pacific Mutual Fund Bhd) in May 1995.
- As the Chief Operating Officer of BOSWM MY, she oversees the financial, management accounting, and taxation affairs of the Company and all the Funds it manages. To complement her role in Finance, her experience was broadened to cover the functions of Fund Operations, Unit Trust Operations and Information Technology in 2011. She drives the project management, reengineering of core business processes and directs internal procedures and controls, appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations across various operating departments.
- In addition to her role in Finance, she was instrumental in the establishment of the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management framework, policy & procedures and assisted the CEO in overseeing the risk management function of the Company. She ceased to oversee this function when her role was expanded to cover the areas of operations and technology.
- Prior to joining BOSWM MY, she fulfilled her professional experience in accounting, treasury management and core system migration from one of a leading provider of education loans among the non-governmental organisations.
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (ACMA), UK; Chartered Accountant (Malaysian Institute of Accountants); Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
Ariff Firman bin Mohd Sidek Head of Legal
- Ariff Firman bin Mohd Sidek joined BOSWM MY (formerly known as Pacific Mutual Fund Bhd) in November 2017.
- As the Head of Legal of BOSWM MY, he is the designated person responsible for legal matters of the Company including the development and implementation of the Company’s legal policies.
- He started his career as a Deputy Public Prosecutor and Federal Counsel with the Attorney General’s Chambers soon after graduating in 2008.
- He subsequently moved into the financial regulatory scene when he was appointed as a Legal Counsel in Bank Negara Malaysia (the Bank) where he was actively involved in enforcing financial laws in Malaysia by conducting criminal and civil litigation cases on behalf of the Bank.
- His experience is further enhanced when he joined the Legal and Regulatory Affairs Department of the Federation of Investment Managers Malaysia (FIMM). He was responsible in providing legal guidance and also regulatory enforcement for the unit trust industry in Malaysia.
- Bachelor of Legal Studies (Hons) (UiTM), Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (UiTM), Post-Graduate Diploma in Syariah Law and Practice (UiTM), Qualified Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya.
Hafizah binti Ismail Head of Risk Management, Portfolio Risk & Performance
- Hafizah binti Ismail joined BOSWM MY (formerly known as Pacific Mutual Fund Bhd) in January 2020.
- As the Head of Risk Management of BOSWM MY, she is responsible for the implementation of risk framework and policies for the Company.
- She has over 10 years of experience specialising in operational risk in both commercial and regulatory set-ups.
- Introduced to operational risk as a manager in HSBC Bank Malaysia, she was quickly recognised as the key figure in leading the team towards successfully securing the ‘Standardised Approach for Operational Risk’ (TSA) under the Basel II accord, from Bank Negara Malaysia in 2008. She later took on the role of Associate Risk Specialist with Bank Negara Malaysia where the role equipped her with greater knowledge of the financial industry and operational risk landscape in Malaysia. Her responsibilities and projects include development of operational risk framework, review and improve operational risk management infrastructure of financial institutions as well as formulation and implementation of regulatory policies and international regulatory standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Information Technology (University of Malaya).
Jolynn Kek Yen Ai Head of Equities
- Jolynn Kek joined BOSWM MY (formerly known as Pacific Mutual Fund Bhd) in July 2018.
- As the Head of Equities, she is responsible for the fund performance and management of equity and equity-related portfolios, including investment strategies formulation.
- She was previously an investment manager at the Malaysian unit of a global investment management firm, managing Malaysian institutional investments in the domestic equity market while providing research coverage on South East Asia and South Asia equity investments for the wider group.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Applied Accounting (Oxford Brookes University); ACCA programme (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants).
Lee Pei Shan Head of Business Development & Marketing
- Lee Pei Shan joined BOSWM MY (formerly known as Pacific Mutual Fund Bhd) in May 2017.
- As the Head of Business Development & Marketing, she is responsible for developing and implementing sales & marketing strategies for the IUTA and Agency business of the company.
- She started her career as a wealth consultant in a local bank. Subsequently, she moved on to an insurance company as bancassurance account manager and was in-charged of managing a portfolio of bank branches for the bancassurance sales and training. In 2010, she joined one of the largest local asset managers as a relationship manager and her last position held was a co-head of IUTA. She also served as a senior manager in business development for IUTA & private retirement scheme business with a foreign-owned asset manager.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting & Finance and Diploma of Economics (University of London); Certified Financial Planner (2010).
Rozita binti Awang Head of Human Resources
- Rozita binti Awang joined BOSWM MY (formerly known as Pacific Mutual Fund Bhd) in June 2020.
- As the Head of Human Resources of BOSWM MY, she is responsible for full spectrum of Human Capital Management functions for the Company.
- She has over 20 years of experience in human resources in various industries with the last eight years in the financial services industry. She has held several strategic roles as well as HR Operations role in the area of manpower planning, succession & talent management, talent acquisition, employee engagement, compensation & benefits, industrial relations, rewards management, performance management & balanced scorecard, learning & development, and human resources risk management.
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management (Northern Illinois University); Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHRi); Strategic Human Resources Certification (Cornell University); Certified Training Professional (ARTDO International), Certified Competency Professional (ILM, UK).
Yap Sieh Wai Compliance Department
- Yap Sieh Wai joined BOSWM MY (formerly known as Pacific Mutual Fund Bhd) in June 2020.
- She brings with her more than 25 years’ experience of audit, risk management and regulatory compliance, where she started her career as an external auditor with Coopers and Lybrand and moved into the field of internal audit and risk management with a local insurance company. In 2005 she advanced to banking regulatory compliance field where she pioneered and led regulatory compliance functions for both local and locally incorporated foreign banks in Malaysia.
- Bachelor of Economic (Accounting Major) LaTrobe University, Australia; Postgraduate Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering.