Teh Chi-cheun Managing Director
- Teh Chi-cheun joined BOSWM MY in July 2015.
- In 2006, he joined the then Pacific Mutual as the Assistant General Manager of the Investment department, and was promoted to the Head of Equities one-and-a-half years later. He left the Company in 2011 to head the entire stockbroking division of an investment bank. A year later, he joined a leading foreign insurance player in Malaysia as the head of investments (director), and after three years rejoined the Company.
- He started his career in the mid-1990s, in corporate finance before moving to the stockbroking industry in both Singapore and Malaysia, and subsequently into investment management. His investment and fund management experience extends globally as he managed developed market funds when he was with the fund management division of a Singapore government owned entity. Additionally, he also managed portfolios while with an investment outfit based in Canada.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Accounting and Financial Analysis (University of Warwick, England); CFA® charterholder (CFA Institute).
Peter James Warnes Managing Director, Chief Investment Officer
- Peter James Warnes joined BOSWM MY in August 2021.
- As Chief Investment Officer, he has an overall responsibility for the investment strategy, portfolio construction, risk management and implementation for all investment portfolios managed in Malaysia.
- He was appointed as Director of BOSWM MY on 19 July 2022.
- Prior to joining BOSWM MY, he was a member of the investment committee of an international asset management company.
- Before re-locating to Malaysia in 2018, he was a senior managing director and head of portfolio solutions group, of an investment management company based in Hong Kong. He was responsible for multi-asset investment solutions, across a range of risk/return outcomes for institutional, intermediary, wealth and insurance clients.
- Previously, he built his career at an international asset management, as a managing director and senior portfolio manager in a variety of roles, both in Hong Kong and London, where he led the design, development and management of investment strategies for both multi-asset and global equity portfolios, for a broad range of clients.
- A member of the BOS Global Investment Committee and the Global PMG Management Committee, representing Malaysia.
- BA (Hons) Economics, Kingston University, United Kingdom.
Chong Sai Ching, Gillian Executive Director, Finance, Operations and Technology
- Gillian Chong joined BOSWM MY in May 1995.
- As the Executive Director, Finance, Operations and Technology, she oversees the financial, management accounting, and taxation affairs of the Company and all the Funds it manages. To complement her role in Finance, her experience was broadened to cover the functions of Fund Operations, Unit Trust Operations and Information Technology in 2011. She drives the project management, reengineering of core business processes and directs internal procedures and controls, appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations across various operating departments.
- In addition to her role in Finance, she was instrumental in the establishment of the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management framework, policy & procedures and assisted the CEO in overseeing the risk management function of the Company. She ceased to oversee this function when her role was expanded to cover the areas of operations and technology.
- Prior to joining BOSWM MY, she fulfilled her professional experience in accounting, treasury management and core system migration from one of a leading provider of education loans among the non-governmental organisations.
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (ACMA), UK; Chartered Accountant (Malaysian Institute of Accountants); Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
Yap Sieh Wai Executive Director, Compliance
- Yap Sieh Wai joined BOSWM MY in June 2020.
- She brings with her more than 25 years’ experience of audit, risk management and regulatory compliance, where she started her career as an external auditor with Coopers and Lybrand and moved into the field of internal audit and risk management with a local insurance company. In 2005 she advanced to banking regulatory compliance field where she pioneered and led regulatory compliance functions for both local and locally incorporated foreign banks in Malaysia.
- Bachelor of Economic (Accounting Major) LaTrobe University, Australia; Postgraduate Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering.
Lee Pei Shan Director, Business Development - Sales / Investment Counsellors
- Lee Pei Shan joined BOSWM MY in May 2017.
- As the Director, Business Development & Sales / Investment Counsellors, she is responsible for developing and implementing sales & marketing strategies for the IUTA and Agency business of the company.
- She started her career as a wealth consultant in a local bank. Subsequently, she moved on to an insurance company as bancassurance account manager and was in-charged of managing a portfolio of bank branches for the bancassurance sales and training. In 2010, she joined one of the largest local asset managers as a relationship manager and her last position held was a co-head of IUTA. She also served as a senior manager in business development for IUTA & private retirement scheme business with a foreign-owned asset manager.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting & Finance and Diploma of Economics (University of London); Certified Financial Planner (2010).
Rozita binti Awang Director, Human Resources
- Rozita binti Awang joined BOSWM MY in June 2020.
- As the Director, Human Resources, she is responsible for full spectrum of Human Capital Management functions for the Company.
- She has over 20 years of experience in human resources in various industries with the last eight years in the financial services industry. She has held several strategic roles as well as HR Operations role in the area of manpower planning, succession & talent management, talent acquisition, employee engagement, compensation & benefits, industrial relations, rewards management, performance management & balanced scorecard, learning & development, and human resources risk management.
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resources Management (Northern Illinois University); Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHRi); Strategic Human Resources Certification (Cornell University); Certified Training Professional (ARTDO International), Certified Competency Professional (ILM, UK).
James Heng Director, Product Solutions
- James Heng joined BOSWM MY in June 2018.
- As the Director, Product Solutions, he is responsible for driving the development and launch of differentiated products and solutions for the Company.
- He brings with him close to two decades of work experience, of which more than half has been in product development and management. He started his career at a leading fund house in Malaysia; and has since accumulated his expertise from working with multiple fund houses and financial institutions before joining BOSWM MY.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing Major) Anglia Polytechnic University, UK.
Yap Cheng Yah Director, Legal
- Cheng Yah joined BOSWM MY in April 2021.
- As the Director, Legal, she is responsible for the implementation of legal strategies and management of legal risk with a view of safeguarding the Company’s legal interest in its daily business activities and business plans.
- Prior to joining BOSWM MY, she was a legal practitioner with experience in key practice area encompasses equity capital market, corporate finance and corporate mergers and acquisitions. She has worked with wide range of clients including fund managers and financial institutions, as well as advised on various commercial contracts, companies and securities laws, funds and collective investment scheme formation and other general corporate matters.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Monash University, Australia