The Investment Team conducts investment research, determines a Fund's investment strategy, invests the assets of a Fund and reviews a Fund's portfolio and investment performance. The following are the key members of the Investment Team, and all of them hold the Capital Markets and Services Representative Licence issued by the Securities Commission:
Peter James Warnes Managing Director, Chief Investment Officer
- Peter James Warnes joined BOSWM MY in August 2021.
- As Chief Investment Officer, he has an overall responsibility for the investment strategy, portfolio construction, risk management and implementation for all investment portfolios managed in Malaysia.
- He was appointed as Director of BOSWM MY on 19 July 2022.
- Prior to joining BOSWM MY, he was a member of the investment committee of an international asset management company.
- Before re-locating to Malaysia in 2018, he was a senior managing director and head of portfolio solutions group, of an investment management company based in Hong Kong. He was responsible for multi-asset investment solutions, across a range of risk/return outcomes for institutional, intermediary, wealth and insurance clients.
- Previously, he built his career at an international asset management, as a managing director and senior portfolio manager in a variety of roles, both in Hong Kong and London, where he led the design, development and management of investment strategies for both multi-asset and global equity portfolios, for a broad range of clients.
- A member of the BOS Global Investment Committee and the Global PMG Management Committee, representing Malaysia.
- BA (Hons) Economics, Kingston University, United Kingdom.
Oh Jo Ann Director, Investment*
- Oh Jo Ann is responsible for the management of fixed income portfolios, execution of fixed income transactions and the management of a range of feeder funds offered by the Manager. She conducts analysis and selection of individual fixed income securities. Her analysis of the domestic macro backdrop forms the basis for the overall fixed income investment strategy. She started her investment career with the Manager in January 2003 as an equities analyst before moving on to working on the fixed income portfolio in 2004. She has over 17 years of experience in fixed income investment research and fund management and has experience handling Shariah and non-Shariah-compliant fixed income portfolios as well as feeder funds.
- Bachelor of Management (Honours) in Finance (Universiti Sains Malaysia); CFA® charterholder (CFA Institute).
Muhammad Amin bin Rali Associate, Investment*
- Muhammad Amin joined BOSWM MY in June 2019.
- He conducts analysis and selection of individual equity securities. His analysis of the domestic micro and macro backdrop forms the basis for the overall equity investment strategy. He plays a role in the management of equities portfolios including the management of a range of equities feeder funds offered by the Manager.
- Prior to joining BOSWM MY, he worked at a local social security organisation in the portfolio strategy team, covering equity, fixed income, real estate and private equity investments. He also provided research coverage on overall Malaysian equity investments.
- He has over four years of experience in equities investment research and has experience in handling Shariah and non-Shariah-compliant equities portfolios as well as feeder funds.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance (Cardiff University, UK)